Alfredo pasta is a personal favorite recipe. I thoroughly enjoy making this recipe, and hopefully, you will too! It is the easiest Alfredo recipe. The easiness of this recipe doesn’t affect its taste. So, in the end, you will have an amazingly tasty pasta without being tired. I don’t think Alfredo is only my favorite pasta; it must be yours too, and that is why you are here for the recipe. That is why I’ve decided to share it with you.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
- Serves 6 Servings.
- 1 ½ lb. Chicken breast (skinless) (680 g), cubed.
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted –depends on preference).
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano.
- ½ teaspoons dried basil.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper.
- 16 oz. penne pasta (450 g) cooked.
- ¼ cups freshly chopped parsley (10g).
- ¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese (25g).
- 2 tablespoon butter.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 3 tablespoons of flour.
- 2 cups milk, room temperature (480 mL).
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
- ½ teaspoon dried basil.
- ½ cups shredded parmesan cheese (50g).
- ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (50g).
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon pepper.
Also read: Top Ten Fast Food Restaurants
Preparation of the Alfredo Pasta
- In a medium-sized skillet or pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and then add chicken breast.
- Season the cubed chicken breast with pepper, salt, basil, ginger-garlic paste, oregano. Cook it for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked (but not overcooked). Remove from the heat and set the chicken aside.
- In the same skillet or pan over medium-low heat melt butter, add the minced garlic and cook until it starts to soften up.
- Add half part of flour to the garlic and butter, keep stirring until it is fully incorporated. Then add the remaining flour and mix it up with the butter mixture.
- Pour in the milk little by little to stop clotting. Keep stirring the mixture until fully incorporated and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season the sauce with pepper, oregano, salt, and basil. Stir well.
- Add the parmesan and cheddar cheese and mix until they melt. Save a bit of the cheese for later.
- Take the cooked pasta and put the cooked chicken on it. Then pour the sauce over it. Add some more chicken pieces.
- Add parsley and remaining parmesan and cheddar cheese as garnishing.
- Finally, enjoy your pasta!
Some extra tips:
- You don’t have to make the extra heavy by adding cream to it. To keep the recipe light, use flour and cheese to give it a similar taste of cream.
- If you want to give your pasta a touch of European style. Then the butter should have some extra fat content in it.
- The recipe will take you 30 minutes to make the first time, but once you get the gist of it, you will be able to make it in 15-20 minutes.
- Chicken cut in small cubes is appropriately cooked in 15 minutes.
- Always boil the pasta with salt and a bit of oil to stop it from sticking together and rinse it in cold water as soon as you take it off the stove.
- Always mix the pasta sauce while adding flour, if you don’t then it will develop lumps. And trust me, you don’t want to eat a lumpy pasta with dry flour in it.
My Take On
Alfredo Pasta, with luxe sauce on it, is something entirely out of this world. Eating it hot is similar to eating manna from heaven. This pasta is my favorite childhood recipe, which excites me whenever I even think about it. So, try it out the pasta and tell me how much it excites you!